Tuesday, December 29, 2009

To Rylee

After months of keeping this gift a secret, I can finally unveil my Christmas gift to my niece Rylee.  I was asked to make a "by mish" creation as a Christmas present.  My sister-in-law desperately wanted a place to store toys in her living room that still fit with her style.  I searched for weeks on kijij.  Finally I saw the ad without a picture that everyone else ignores with my perfect dimensions.  YAY!

The Toy box was the most labor intensive project I have done to date.  But for my baby girl... ANYTHING!  14 coats of stain... waiting a full day between each coat.  This was necessary to match it up with their existing furniture in their home.  Then, 2 coats of poly.

The inside.  One coat of primer.  2 coats of paint. And a coat of poly to make it durable for the toys.  The bird on the branch painting was just a little something for Rylee and Kym who are presently obsessed with birds!

The upholstery and pillow are the colors in her living room.  This made the Toy Box a living room matching, clutter hiding, extra seating present for the whole family!

Before:






After:






-mish

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Michelle! What a wonderful, creative, useful gift.

    ReplyDelete