Saturday, January 29, 2011

To the dark side

I've been putting off doing these night stands because I had the "grand" idea of silver leafing them.  It was a FAIL.  It took a full day just to leaf one and I was so unhappy with the outcome.  They've been sitting in storage ever since.  I decided to paint the toy box to match the new Man Room in the basement.  While I was at it, I pulled out the night stands, sanded them down and re-primed them.  All in a days work!
BEFORE:

AFTER:
 
Oh and did you see the price tag on those suckers:  $7.99 each and he ended up giving them both to me for $7.99. 

BEFORE:

AFTER:

1 comment:

  1. Ok, after seeing them at the halfway point, I'm a little bummed the silver-leafing didn't work out.
    :(
    But on the up-side, I have to say they look FANTASTIC in black!! A great, classic shape - and a total score for just $8!!!!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete